Any adult with a right of residence who lives in one of the five municipalities (Beaufort, Berdorf, Bech, Reisdorf, Consdorf) can contact the Social Office in Beaufort and request an appointment by telephone or e-mail.
Social offices intervene in many ways with those in need:
- Helping clients access legal benefits, financial aid, material aid, (social inclusion income, social third-party payment, various aid allowances, social groceries…),
- Listening and assisting in case of social problems, from 1st to 4th age,
- Social, psychological, budgetary, administrative and educational counseling,
- Adapted information on all existing assistance services and benefits,
- Directing, guiding and accompanying aid seekers to other specialized services,
- Being the interlocutor with third parties (associations, lawyers, bailiffs…)
- Providing short, medium and long term social support,
- Ensuring financial management if necessary,
- Ensuring the first interventions in the field of social emergency.